If you have questions, call this office at 336-372-8974, email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by our office at 348 South Main Street, Sparta NC.
How much are building permits?
- It depends on the type of permit and the square footage of the project.
How can I find out if my job has been inspected?
- Call this office or come by.
Does the permit fee cover inspection?
How many times does a job need to be inspected?
- Every step of construction is inspected. At least five or more inspections are required.
What do I need to do before getting a permit?
- You will need to go by the Appalachian District Health Department to be issued a health department number approving your sewage disposal plan. You will also need to call or come by our office to receive a packet to fill out prior to the issuance of a permit.
Do you inspect old homes that someone if planning to buy?
- No. You need to contact a home inspector for this matter.
When will my power be turned on?
- After we have completed the final inspection.
Do I have to call the electric company to have our power turned on?
- No. We will call them at the appropriate time.
Do we call in for an inspection or does our contractor?
- Most of the time your contractor will handle that.
Does a permit include the electrical, plumbing and heat?
Chief Inspector/County Planner
Planning & Permit Specialist Clerk
County Administration Building
348 South Main Street
PO Box 366
Sparta, NC 28675
Phone: 336 372-8974
Property Rights Protection Ordinance (pdf)
Subdivision Ordinance (pdf)
NC General Contractor Licensing Board
NC Electrical Contractor Licensing Board
NC Plumbing / Heating & Air Contractor Licensing Board
NC Dept. of Insurance