If you have questions about our office or the services provided, you may find the answers here. If your answer is not found here, feel free to email us at email@example.com, call the office at 336-372-8747, or drop by 90 South Main Street, Sparta NC.
Who rides public transportation?
- Everyone! Anyone who needs transportation can utilize the public transportation system.
What is the charge to ride public transportation within Alleghany County?
- The fares range from $3.00 or $8.00 depending on the area of the county you live in and travel to.
Are there any special programs that assist with transportation needs in Alleghany County?
- Yes, there are funds available for the elderly and disabled to help with transportation costs to medical facilities. Please call the office for more information.
How do I schedule a trip with the public transportation system?
- Call 336-372-TRIP (8747) one business day in advance and give us a pick-up time and destination. We’ll put you on the schedule for that day.
Does public transportation accommodate the handicapped?
- Yes, Alleghany in Motion currently has 5 lift vans that can transport wheelchair bound clients. Please call the office for more information.
Does Medicaid or Medicare help with transportation costs?
- Medicaid will help with costs to an approved Medicaid facility, to pick up medication at a drugstore or possibly for specialized care or services. Prior approval is required. A social worker can help with the transportation services application. However, Medicare does not help with transportation costs.
Does AIM transport out-of-town?
- Yes, we routinely make trips to Boone, Elkin, Galax, Johnson City, Statesville, Wilkesboro and Winston Salem.
What is the charge for an out-of-town trip?
- You will need to call our office for a quote on an out-of-town trip. There are also funds available to help with these costs, but each trip will vary with time and mileage.
Administrative Assistant/Billing Clerk
County Office Building, Lower Level
90 South Main Street
PO Box 1882
Sparta, NC 28675
Phone: 336-372-8747 TDD/TTY 800-435-2962
NC DOT Public Trans
FTA Title VI