If you have questions about our office or the services provided, you may find the answers here. If your answer is not found here, feel free to email this office at firstname.lastname@example.org, call this office at 336-372-5217, or drop by our office at 40 Cox St, Sparta NC.
Where is the EMS base located?
- We are located at 40 Cox Street. We are in the blue building next door to the Sparta Fire Dept.
If I call for an ambulance, will there always be a paramedic on board when the ambulance arrives?
- Yes. Our full time staff is entirely made up of EMT Paramedics. Part-time staff are EMT Paramedics and EMT Intermediates, but there will always be at least one paramedic on the ambulance when it goes out on a call.
How do you charge for your services?
- We charge a base charge of either $200 or $300 per call depending on the level of care given. In addition, we charge $6 per loaded patient mile.
Will my insurance be filed for services I receive from Alleghany County EMS?
- Yes. We file Medicare and NC Medicaid. We are also able to file with most other insurance carriers.
Where do I make payment for ambulance services?
- Payments may be mailed to P.O. Box 806 Sparta, North Carolina, or made be made at the county Finance Office located in the County Office Building located at 90 South Main Street Sparta, North Carolina.
Are Alleghany County EMS and Alleghany County Rescue Squad the same organization?
- No. Alleghany County EMS is a paid service provided by Alleghany County Local Government. Alleghany County Rescue Squad is made up entirely by volunteers. The Rescue Squad does respond along with EMS in some instances, and provides back up when both county EMS units are busy. The Rescue Squad does not charge for its services.
40 Cox Street
PO Box 806
Sparta, NC 28675
Landing Zones, Updated 03-16-18